gnustep-guile and dynamic-link

From: Anthony W. Juckel
Subject: gnustep-guile and dynamic-link
Date: 17 Dec 2001 13:41:09 -0600

First of all, I've been looking more closely into GNUstep and Guile
recently, so I am naturally interested in gnustep-guile.  I've tried
building/installing gnustep-guile, but upon trying to run Test/test.scm,
Greg fails to load the required libraries.  After tracking the problem
for a little bit, and with help from the guile-user mailing list, I've
found that the problem lies in (dynamic-link) trying to load a shared
library with undefined external symbols.

This bring me to two questions:

1)  Is anyone else having a similar problem when trying to use
gnustep-guile?

and

2)  Is there any reason why the gnustep libraries are not linked to the
libraries they require?

Anthony W. Juckel
GNUstep CVS on Debian (sid) machine with guile1.4