Re: OPENSTEP->GNUstep Porting Questions

From: Jay McCarthy
Subject: Re: OPENSTEP->GNUstep Porting Questions
Date: 07 Dec 2001 00:52:45 -0500

Ya I'm the jerk who replies to himself.

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 21:37, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> 2) Some of these programs are trying to use the class NSDPSContext,
> which is defined in the 'Display Postscript' section of the OPENSTEP
> spec. In the gnustep-gui reference documentation it claims that this
> class is defined in 'Gui/NSDPSContext.h'. There is no NSDPSContext.h in
> System/Headers - anywhere (as far as I can find). Would this imply that
> that class must be implemented still?
>  I realize that in gnustep/dgs/dgs/DPS there is a DPSContext
> (class|struct?), but I don't know if that is what I need (nor can I find
> the proper header which defines it)

Sorry about this question, I'm an idiot I figured it out. The code was
acutally checking for a certain version of OPENSTEP - namely if RHAPSODY
had been defined, and if that was the case it was using a
NSGraphicsContext ( which is something that GNUstep has.)
However, even if that part of the problem was solved - the documentation
for gnustep-gui is still wrong in saying that a NSDPSContext class (and
companion NSDPSContext.h ) exists.

Peas out,

--
Jay McCarthy <jay@kenyamountain.com>