Re: White background in icons and WM integration

From: Jim Balhoff
Subject: Re: White background in icons and WM integration
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:10:56 -0500

Hi,
I was actually wondering if this springing menu effect could be shut off? NEXTSTEP doesn't do that and I think it looks a little nicer.

Thanks,
Jim

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 11:51 PM, Jason Clouse wrote:

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a question: would it be possible to have wmaker ignore the "popping into existence" effect for GNUstep menus? I think the general effect is pretty cool; however, when I right-click and the menu "pops" it can be kind of annoying (it's also a bit much for small dialog boxes too). Of course, this would be a messy thing to work around (and I hate messy more than just turning the effect off). Anyway, there it is.