RE: White background in icons and WM integration

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: RE: White background in icons and WM integration
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:12:20 -0500

That's really going it alone. Perhaps when we have the same market share
as Gnome we can do that...

Really, there's no reason for this. No matter what WM we work with (even
if it's written in ObjC) we'll most likely communicate using X
protocols. The ones Window Maker has are pretty good, and some other,
even more standard ones are being developed.  It's more than feasible
that GNUstep can do everything it wants using the protocols that are
already in place.

> BTW.
> What is XGWM_NET supposed to be??? (XGGeneric.h, XGWMProtocols)
>

>From the new extended window manager hints specs being developed by
Gnome and KDE. It's my attempt to get GNUstep to work with other WMs.
Perhaps I should change the name to EWMH.