Re: openapp in the latest from cvs...

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: openapp in the latest from cvs...
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:41:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is :-) but it is not in gnustep-make ...

openapp is only running the application ... if you see a `Segmentation
fault', that means that application was started (which normally means
openapp did its work correctly), but crashed.

In other words, the problem is in the application which crashes.

If it happens after an update, I'd suggest rebuilding everything ... when
you see some big changes in the source code during an update, and after
that things don't seem to work any more, it's a good idea to delete the
old version (`make distclean'), and reconfigure (`./configure'), recompile
(`make') and reinstall the libraries again (`make install') ... if that
still doesn't work, you might have to rebuild the application as well, but
this should be needed rarely.