Re: Bug reporting / database

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Bug reporting / database
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:07:08 -0700

Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

While reordering the DnD I encounter quite a few GUI bugs/glitches. At the moment I am keeping track
of them in a file, bug should I report lots of small
glitches there?

Also, what is considered appropriate for the bug database?

* CVS versions? or only released versions?
* usr-apps etcetera? or only the core libraries?

I think the a bug database is a great tool, but at the
moment it seems unused.

It isn't used that much, which is a bummer. I like it a lot more since it easier to keep track of bugs that are outstanding (currently I just try to save them in a mail box, but sometimes I don't get a chance to look at them or know if someone else has fixed them).

Also I was told that the current system on savannah is not really a bug tracker but more like a 'help-line' for users. But it's the best we have.

I would try to report bugs that are related together, if possible.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
fedor@doc.com  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it