gstep-db and EOFault

From: Alain Fischer
Subject: gstep-db and EOFault
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:59:56 +0100

I was trying to evaluate gstep-db-1.2.0 with PostgreSQL.

When working with:
- EOAdaptor
- EOAdaptorContext
- EOAdaptorChannel
All seem to work ok, I was able to send a SQL query and retrieve the result.

When working with:
- EODatabase
- EODatabaseContext
- EODatabaseChannel
The Postgres95Adaptor logging say that a query is sent and that a result is returned. But, I was unable to work with this result because it seem to contain invalid object. I have tried to trace down the problem in the call of -[EODatabaseChanel fetchWithZone:] and -[EODatabaseChanel privateFetchWithZone:]. This last method use the EOFault class that seem to return an invalid object. Since the EOFault is highly dependant of the runtime, I am asking if the EOFault class
still work with the current runtime.

Is there anyone that use gstep-db and know if it still work or if this is a different problem ?
Any help is welcome.

Alain Fischer