Re: Compatibility with OSX

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: Compatibility with OSX
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:20:43 -0500 (EST)

> Also, if you, by accident, set a nil value you program crashes.
> Personally I think a GUI library should not do this.
> nil is perfectly fine and GNUstep should try to cope with it
> as gracefully as it can.  I rather have an empty field
> than a crash.

The problem is that your program will crash under OS-X.

So, when you'll port your app to OS-X (if you do), you'll end up trying
to find where your do your setValue: nil and you'll fix that in your
code to prevent this. That's awkward because you could have seen that
problem right away under GNUstep.

We want OS-X compatibility and this change is to make porting your app
easier to OS-X.

Ludo

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.