Re[2]: Favored GNUstep Plattforms

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: Favored GNUstep Plattforms
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:06:52 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:39:09 +0200 (EET) Dan Pascu <dan@services.iiruc.ro>
wrote:
 >| I have no idea why libPropList is used, since proplist from
 >| gnustep-base could have been used.  I thought that who wrote that code
 >| wanted to use plain C instead of objC and gstep-base for some reason.
 >| Anyway, the point is that in case proplist from gstep-base cannot be
 >| used for some reason, its recommended to stop using libPropList and
 >| find a replacement. libPropList is unmaintained and buggy, and what's
 >| worse is that bugs we are aware of cannot be fixed (without completely
 >| rewriting it) and can lead to segmentation faults. Anyway, none is
 >| maintaining it, so none will even try to fix libPropList.

Adaptor part of gsweb are dynamic library for Apache and Netscape and had to be
written in C :-(
libPropList is used to read configuration files in these parts.
In the gsweb application, gstep-base prop list objects are used.

Manuel
Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <mguesdon@oxymium.net>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998