Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:50:34 +0100

Stephen Peters wrote:
> As long as we're discussing this, I should point out that there is a
> way to do this without modifying GNU's current Objective-C syntax,
> utilizing some of Marcel Weiher's Higher Order Messaging (HOM)
> concepts.  With this design, the collection classes implement a -do
> method to fetch an iterator, which can then use invocation forwarding
> to send the same message to all objects:

Personally I found programming with HOM a bit difficult to understand
and therefore like blocks a bit more (but BTW also think that they only
are really useful if a real garbage collector is available ...)

But anyway: Marcel ported MPWFoundation (that includes, HOM) to
GNUstep/libFoundation - so if anyone is interested, I can probably
upload the GS modified frameworks to gs/contrib or something after
talking to him.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com
Web Application Technology for Enterprises