Re: GWorkspace - next steps

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - next steps
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:55:50 -0800

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:30:00 +0100
LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> GWorkspace is running on Mac OS X now, but it is buggy.

Not related to MacOS X ...

I just installed GWorkspace 0.2.4 on a box running XFree 3.3.6 using
CVS from this morning:

If you minimize the Browser - or click Hide - the whole application
will freeze upon "unhiding" and you'll have to kill it.

I'm not sure if this really is a problem with GWorkspace, APIs or X11,
but it doesn't show with ImageViewer, Gorm or ProjectCenter.

Here's what I'll get on the console:

[...tons of...]

GWorkspace in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
Nov 15 15:52:50 GWorkspace[31219] X-Windows error - BadWindow (invalid
Window parameter)
          on display: :0.0
                type: 0
       serial number: 5023
        request code: 15
GWorkspace in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.

[...]

The serial number is increased by 1 each time - but scrolls too fast
to really catch the a start value...

--
Chris