gdb-objc [was: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++ ]

From: David Relson
Subject: gdb-objc [was: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++ ]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:32:28 -0500

At 11:15 AM 11/15/01, you wrote:

On Thursday, November 15, 2001, at 04:13 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 08:47 PM, Ziemowit Laski wrote:

PUTTING OBJECTIVE-C++ INTO GCC 3.x

Of course we want it ... a way to link legacy C++ code in to modern ObjC apps!

PS. only vaguely related (as a compiler related issue) .. what are the chances of getting the ObjC runtime donated to the FSF? It would be nice to merge the two runtimes.

Now that gdb 5.1 is about to be released, I am reminded that Objective-C is supported only by patching the source code and rebuilding gdb. Every major release of gdb not only breaks the previous patches, but makes the integration of Objective-C support even harder. It'd be really nice to have Objective-C support integrated in the released version!

David