Re: Announce: GWorkspace-0.2.2

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Announce: GWorkspace-0.2.2
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:40:19 +0100

> But then appeared DPSOperators.h as the showstopper:
> NSGraphicContext of Cocoa and GNUstep
> seem to be different. Anyway, there has a lot to be changed since all the
> PostScript functions aren't supported by Cocoa anymore, we will have to
> use Quartz (was this the name?) functions instead.

I don't think that we have to switch from DPS to Quartz. There is the
possibility to do almost all the drawing in user applications with
AppKit methods by using the NSBezierPath class. This should work just
the same on GNUstep and MacOSX. It wont work with old OpenStep
implementations, as this class is missing there.
If the class NSBezierPath gets into wider use, I could do some
optimization on it and its handling by the backend.

Fred