Re: Problem with my first app

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem with my first app
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:46:59 +0100 (BST)

> > > - ObjC headers should be #included, not #imported
> > - ObjC headers should be #imported, not #included
>
> Please, say it  to Richard Stallman (*) ! gcc outputs  a warning of no
> less  than 13  lines !   when using  #import.  What  kind  of backward
> discrimination  is it  to force  us Objective-C  programmers to  add a
> -Wno-import option to each compile to avoid it.

Hmm ... well, it's clearly a religious/matter of taste problem.

(just to clear up my coscience, I will confess that I personally prefer
#include over #import)

I think the environment should be neutral to this kind of matters,
allowing people of both sides to code happily ... yes I agree that
probably gcc should not take parts either so it should not emit warnings
for #import ... but it's not a big problem because in gnustep-make we
always and automatically add the -Wno-import flag to the compilation
flags, so if you use #import, you should be absolutely fine and never see
any warnings from gcc.