GNUstep first installation

From: Szigetvári Csaba
Subject: GNUstep first installation
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:17:55 +0200

Dear maintainer and developers,

while trying to compile and use the GNUstep environment I have run into some
problems. After compiling and installing the make, base, gui and xgps
packages I made an attempt to run the sample applications. All applications
returned the 'Uncaught exception DPSConfiguration error, reason: unable to
connect to XServer' error.

I hadn't compiled and installed the xdps package, because somewhere in
Documentation a remark was made that I could/should use xgps.

Anyway, I then tried to compile the xdps package, but compilation was
cancelled due to a missing command: pswrap.

Compilations took place on a very fresh reinstallation of Mandrake Linux 7.2
with an properly working X-Server environment on an Intel pentium PC.

Could someone give a hint on how to solve the problem?

Regards,
Csaba Szigetvári
Hungary