Re: Problems with Fonts, and xdps

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: Problems with Fonts, and xdps
Date: 26 Jul 2001 01:53:43 +0200

Hi,

AF> the XFree86 dps extension (http://dgs.sourceforge.net) [...]  but
AF> I think there is currently no garbage collection so you can't run
AF> a program too long before taking up all the memory on the
AF> computer...

Not quite.  There is local garbage collection; but the memory space
currently never gets freed when the context exits, so the effect is
similar (except with long-running clients, which gc the local memory
space multiple times).

I know how to fix the above, but there's something I need to solve
before I start introducing more changes to the memory management:
there's a memory corruption bug, not related to GC and first exhibited
thanks to GNUstep, which will make the X server crash randomly.  I've
been stuck on that for a long time...

                                        Juliusz