Re: Problems with Fonts, and xdps

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problems with Fonts, and xdps
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:57:23 -0600

Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>           (4) The xgps backend works fine, but I have problems with
>               xdps. The menu, main app window and mini window is replaced
>               with blank white space. Although sometimes I do see
>               strips of grey showing up in the menu.

xdps doesn't work very well with DGS. There are some bugs in DGS that we
could probably work around in xdps backend but the problems are harder
than you might imagine.

You could try using the XFree86 dps extension
(http://dgs.sourceforge.net) which works better but I think there is
currently no garbage collection so you can't run a program too long
before taking up all the memory on the computer...