Couple questions from a newbie (to GNUstep)...

From: Morgan Aldridge
Subject: Couple questions from a newbie (to GNUstep)...
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:08:11 -0400

    Okay here goes:  I have a project that I'm working on which would
benefit GREATLY if it were developed in Obj-C.  Now, I'm a Mac developer
and have been programming in C/C++ & Java for a LONG time, but they
aren't as powerful/flexible as I need for my current project, but I try
to keep my source code as cross-platform as possible.  The project, and
OpenGL simulation environment with scenegraph & rendering pipeline, is
currently ANSI-C so that it is compatible with Mac OS X's Cocoa, but that
REALLY hinders its feature set for some of the stuff that it needs to be
able to do.  So, in looking to see how well Cocoa/OpenStep is supported
on other platforms I ran into GNUstep, which looks to be exactly what I
need.  For the most part my app doesn't care about a GUI, that can be
slapped on top of the whole thing however you want, so it'll only be
using my custom classes and the Foundation classes.  But... okay, here's
my first actualy question... does the GNUstep GUI Library have
implementations of things such as the NSOpenGL classes in the Cocoa
AppKit?  Also, can you give me some for & against using Obj-C & Cocoa/
GNUstep for my project?  This issue is currently driving me crazy and I'd
like some more opinions on it.

    Morgan

Oh yeah, one last question: are NSBundle classes supported in the GNUstep
Base Library?