Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:17:08 -0700

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:42:25 +0200
Stefan Urbanek <stefanurbanek@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> "Mondragon, Ian" wrote:
> > i don't think anybody's aiming to make GNUstep "KDE-like". :-)

Gosh, I hope not ...

> I may be true for GNUstep users (like me or you), but thik of KDE users
> who would like to use GNUstep apps. They are accustomed to kde look and
> feel. And ... more GS users - better for GS.

True, but then you may have to consider to implement an Xfce look-alike
as well, for example. Or Gnome, or mlvwm or <your favourite here> ...

What makes GNUstep so appealing IS it's NeXT'ish look'n'feel, don't
you think?

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense to create something like an
additional "KDE-backend" instead of fiddling with the original source?

--
Chris