Re: Can't use NSLog and other question

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Can't use NSLog and other question
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:15:51 +0100

On Friday, April 20, 2001, at 04:42 AM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

  I have two questions and hope you can help me.

  1. I try to use NSLog to print something,
  but it always core dumped:

bash-2.04# openapp Test.app/
Virtual memory exhausted
Aport trap - core dumped

I'd suggest building with debug, then running under gdb to get a stack trace
to find out what is going wrong.

2. when I compile some programs I wrote, I always got some warnings like
this:

  /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
'__objc_class_name
 _NSFileHandle' are not defined

That's a known (but harmless) bug in the binutils ... it reports spurious
problems with ObjC classes.