Re: GNUstep directory in userhome

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Re: GNUstep directory in userhome
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:25:55 -0600

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> Yep ... contributed code to provide an alternative implementation for windoze
> would be gladly accepted (assuming it works, conforms to GNUstep coding
> conventions, and comes with the appropriate copyright assignment of course).

   After much swearing, I have Windows NT 4.0 and Cygwin/MinGW
shoe-horned into 400MB.  While gnustep-base compiles, no programs will
link, because of a dozen or two undefined symbols.  Looks like the
makefiles aren't passing any -l arguments to the linker.
   After that's sorted out, I think it won't be all that hard to get
NSUserDefaults using the registry.  However, it looks like the easiest
way to do it (without a whole mess of #ifdefs) means a re-organization,
and elimination of initWithContentsOfFile:.

--
All persons, living or dead, are purely coincedental.