Headers directory and more info about bug-report

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Headers directory and more info about bug-report
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:43:33 +0100

Hi Nicola,

>From the Changelog I understood that all headers should be placed in
Foundation and no longer in gnustep/base, but the installed file list
shows something different (just a piece):

/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/Foundation/objc-load.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/Foundation/NSURL.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/Foundation/NSURLHandle.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/Foundation/GSXML.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base/GSLocale.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base/GSUnion.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base/GSIArray.h
/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base/GSIMap.h

Is this correct ?

Concerning the bug-report. When I use
./configure
make
make install

for both base and gui all works fine.

When I build base for gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps and gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps and then gui
for gnu-gnu-gnu-gdps and gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps, I'll get the error from my
previous mail when building gui with xgps, so it seems that the
make_services from xdps is causing the problem.

This might be related to a problem I have with xml. When I install xml
within the GNUstep tree configure of base can not find xml-config. As
soon as I build a symlink between Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/xml2-config and
Tools/xml-config all is good.

So my idea is that Tools/ix86/linux-gnu,
Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps and
Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps should be added to the paths that
are searched when configure is run (which means configure has to know
for which backend configure is ran) and that tools that are backend
specific should only reside in the specific backend directory and not
also in the Tools/ directory.

Hope this helps,

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw