Re: A killer app?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: A killer app?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:29:41 +0100

Gregory Casamento wrote:
> I have taken a few OpenStep applications and *just compiled* them using
> GNUstep. The biggest problem is not the code, but the nib files.  I've got a
> version of FreeSpace almost working.   The only reason I haven't released it
> is
> 1) I don't feel it's ready since I haven't finished the nibs for it 2) I don't
> have a great deal of spare time and 3) I've got a few other things I'm doing
> for GNUstep which are more important.

Ok. I guessed that .nib's are on of the biggest problems. Wasn't there a
nib2gmodel which could convert the models to GNUstep ?

> I ported the Chronographer library which almost no changes.  I also start on a
> port for the Sen:te CVL application.  Although I was able to port
> SenFoundation
> and SenTestingKit, I am having problems compling the SenOyster library because
> of some non-portable (read not OPENSTEP) code which depends on the perl.h and
> EXTERN.h header files.

What did you need to 'port' for SenFoundation/SenTestingKit ? Was that
only the makefiles or did you encounter differences/problems ?

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG  http://www.skyrix.com/
Join the team:      http://www.skyrix.com/de/jobs/index.html