Re: A little help for GWorkspace

From: Jeff Macht
Subject: Re: A little help for GWorkspace
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:18:38 -0800

At 08:12 PM 1/11/01 +0200, you wrote:
>1)
>I need a solution to get GWorkspace informed about the file system
>changes happened consequently to external actions (bash commands, files
>coming with ftp, tmp files, etc...).

I would suggest only checking the actual directory which is selected.
Columns further up in the heirarchy should not need to be updated since you
cannot perform any actions on the listings there without selecting a file
or directory in that column.  So, there would be one 'check' per window.

At this point, any number of techniques can be used: Threads, timestamps, a
worker process, timers. I am partial to threads, but if they are not
available everywhere (why not?), then this doesn't seem to be feasible. A
worker process isn't so attractive, since that's /something else/ that has
to be running external.

Jeff.

Jeff.