Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:44:59 -0500

At 09:27 AM 1/11/01, you wrote:
David Relson wrote:
> >The downside of this of course is that it wouldn't work on windoze.
>
> Pardon my ignorance of windoze, but can't shortcuts do the work?

Basically yes, the problem is that shortcut support must be implemented
in the application, therefore most application (especially Unix ported
ones) see the shortcuts as simple textfiles.

In other words, unlike in Unix, an "open('mylink')" does open the link
itself, not the destination the link is pointing to.

I think it's wonderful how Microsoft constantly reinvents the wheel - and gives it a non-standard shape every time.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson@osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800