Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:34:00 +0100

Hi,

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@imaginet.fr> wrote (Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:20:57
+0100 (CET)):
<snip>
> NeXTSTEP  had /usr/include/arch/{sparc,i386,m68k,...}/ too.
> Nobody tries to flatten /usr/src/{bsd,hurd,linux}/arch/{sparc,alpha,i386}.
> Why would we want/need to flatten GNUstep?

Well, this is not exactly the same, isn't it...;-)

But I second your opinion that we should use deep structures. The success of GS
relies on the existence of the GNUstep environment, not directory structures.
If we remove the deep structure we assume that GNUstep users mainly use the
terminal to launch apps. This is IMHO the wrong approach. We should think of
our vision, our goals (that is the 'perfect' GWorkspace/WM/Fiend ... scenario
and so forth) when we make decisions, not intermediate states we are in like
now!

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.nice.ch/~phip/