Re: GNUstep/?/Developer directory

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep/?/Developer directory
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:41:20 +0100

David Relson wrote:
> So we have:
>
> GNUstep
>       Local
>           Apps
>           Developer
>               Documentation
>               Headers
>               Makefiles
>       Network
>       System
>           Apps
>           Developer
>               Documentation
>               Headers
>               Makefiles
>           Libraries
>           Library
>           Tools
>           share

BTW: I would vote for separating makefiles and environment.

> Looking at my environment variables I already have the following (which are
> consistent with the above):
>
> GNUSTEP_ROOT=/usr/GNUstep
> GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=/usr/GNUstep/Local
> GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT=/usr/GNUstep/Network
> GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=/usr/GNUstep/System
> GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT=/home/relson/GNUstep
>
> The "shouldn't be contained" clause implies that there should be no
> GNUSTEP_ROOT variable.  This seems to be an inconsistency.

Yes. I would say that the GNUSTEP_ROOT environment variable is
unnecessary/useless, I don't know what this should be good for ? Any
file should always be installed in a GNUSTEP_something_ROOT.

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com