Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:10:05 +0100

> From: "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@imaginet.fr>

> I'm wondering if it would not  be better to move these features into a
> generic wrapper GNUstep application that would interface and integrate
> the X11  applications and the  GNUstep environment, independly  of the
> window manager.

That would be IMHO the way to go. I have seen locations (Fresenius AG to
name one) where Users are forced to use a given window manager.

GS should work with any WM.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION