Re[2]: [Q] GSWeb Cache Again

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: [Q] GSWeb Cache Again
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:25:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:26:50 +0900 Sungjin Chun <Sungjin Chun
<ninja@linuxone.co.kr>> wrote:

 >| GSWeb makes html from template and as far as I know this
 >| conversion occurs for every request even the results are
 >| the same as old ones. And I think caching these results and
 >| return without conversion makes faster response.
 >| Am I wrong?

You're right.
GSWeb cache paring result (you can see a debug indication of
this:
Component THENAME language XXX (Cached) or Component THENAME
language XXX (Not Cached)

Each page result is stocked in a GSWResponse object. I think
these GSWResponse object are stored somewhere, probably in
GSWSession. As far as I remember, contexts are stocked with
their response. Response signature may be used for this.
There's obscure parts in GSWSession: I think contextRecords and
contextArrayStack are not very well implemented.
To re-send a cached response, you have to be sure that
the browser want it with same parameters (for exemple the visitor
didn't changed any field value in a form before re-submiting
it).

Hope this helps.

Manuel