nonblocking I/O

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: nonblocking I/O
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:53:46 +0200

Hi,

in OPENSTEP and MOSX, there is some 'hidden' functionality to allow nonblocking
I/O using NSFileHandling. On MOSX there exists i.e. a method
-availableDataNonBlocking, on OPENSTEP there is some old NEXTSTEP 'derived'
functionality available, not documented but visible from the header (can't
check it right now, since I do not have access to OPENSTEP anymore).

Is there something comparable in GNUstep as well, or what might I use to
implement for example logging of other tasks' stdout using pipes from a GNUstep
app? -readInBackgroundAndNotify does not do the job, as it seems.

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Developer - StudioSendai.com