Re: [Discuss-gnustep] not implemented in NXConstantString

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] not implemented in NXConstantString
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:36:43 +0200

> From: Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>

> Uncaught exception NSGenericException, reason: method
> dataUsingEncoding:allowLossyConversion: not implemented in NXConstantString
> igor@igorpc:gstep/Testing>

You might have the same problem we had on NetBSD. There is also an class
named NXConstantString in the libobjc. The runtime finds this class first and
creates an instance of it. And not of the one in the Foundation.framework /
lib.

In one of the readmes is how to fix it.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION