Re: [Discuss-gnustep] GnuStep CVS through firewall

From: richard
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] GnuStep CVS through firewall
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:40:12 +0100

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:16:15 +0200, GerritVD@decillion.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know this is most probably not a question for this list. How can I access
> the GnuStep CVS repository through a firewall?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've done it two ways ....

1. What I used to do (clunky) - setup an additional IP address on the
firewall, and run a proxy process that listens for tcp connections on the cvs
port for that IP address, and routes all communmications to the cvs server.

2. What I do now (much better) - install socks5 and use that, adding
'permit - c - - - 2401' to your /etc/socks5.conf on the firewall