Re: [Discuss-gnustep] not implemented in NXConstantString

From: richard
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] not implemented in NXConstantString
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:14:16 +0100

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:51:53 +0400, igor@raduga.dyndns.org wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm just trying to track GNUstep progress.
> But CVS version have (and had two days ago) this problem:
>
> igor@igorpc:gstep/Testing> openapp Edit.app
> Uncaught exception NSGenericException, reason: method
> dataUsingEncoding:allowLossyConversion: not implemented in NXConstantString
> igor@igorpc:gstep/Testing>
>
> I receive this message with every GNUstep app I'm trying launch.
>
> I have updated GNUstep core from CVS today

What operating system are you using?

I believe that on (at least some) BSD systems, the compiler/linker/loader
causes the implementation of NXConstantString in the objc runtime library to
be used instead of the GNUstep implementation.

If this is the problem, you need to use the ar command to remove the
NXConstStr.o module from libobjc.a, and then re-link your apps/programs.