Re: [Discuss-gnustep] RE: GNUstep Environment - the core

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] RE: GNUstep Environment - the core
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:33:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nicola,

> You can't expect people to contribute to a zombie project unless you allow
> them to take the project over and give it new life.  Also, because, for
> example sending patches to a zombie project is like sending them to the
> trash bin.  I remember sending some patches to GNUMail.app many many
> months ago, I think they were accepted, but since no new release of
> GNUMail.app was ever released, my patches were completely lost :-)

They were not :)

I didn't release a new version since I didn't make any (if I remember
correctly) major changes from the previous release.

I've been **very** busy working on commercial projets in the past 2 years
and some of my 'free software' projets have suffered a lot from that.
Please forgive me for that.

But! Last month, I've got a NeXT Cube, with OS 4.0 and some other fu. I'm
currently getting my hands back into OS stuff and think about working back
on GNUMail.app. On of my priority is rewriting it using IB and PC from OS
so I could better use and test the 'migration techniques' from OS to
GNUStep.

Thanks!
                Ludovic