Re: Cannot resize GRC window panels

From: Ryan Volz
Subject: Re: Cannot resize GRC window panels
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:44:36 -0500

Hi,

And now the conclusion to this riveting saga...

Further investigation has revealed that the problem is that the drag indicator icons were not being found with the conda xorg-libxcursor package installed. You can still actually click and drag to resize the panel boundaries, there's just no visual indication. This happens because installing that package causes X11 to look for cursors in the conda prefix but not the system prefix, and unless you're using the Adwaita theme it won't find them.

You can set the XCURSOR_PATH environment variable to point to your system cursor installation (probably /usr/share/icons) to get things working properly again:

export XCURSOR_PATH=/usr/share/icons:/usr/share/pixmaps
gnuradio-companion

I also have a fix to the xorg-libxcursor package so that it will fall back to the system directories when looking for cursors. That should be rolled out soon so that the environment variable workaround is not necessary after an upgrade.

Cheers,
Ryan