Wav source: playing speed and playing startup instant

From: Giovanni Parodi
Subject: Wav source: playing speed and playing startup instant
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:00:00 +0100

Good morning,
I'm a gnuradio beginner, and I'm trying to better understand some topics related to source and sink.

I implemented a very easy SW that allows me selecting a file from filesystem and then I provide the filename to the C++ source implementation, by calling the function:
   blocks::wavfile_source::make

The implementation works fine, but I have an issue.

Since sometimes I need to perform audio analysis on files that are quite long, I would like to have a way to use something like a timeslider to move on a specific time instant on the wav file, or at least to change playing speed of file.
I found no property (looking both in C++ and Python generated code) to achieve this target.
Is there any way to perform this operation?
Best regards