Help Needed for the Block "Polyphase Arbitrary Resampler"

From: Shuvodip Majumdar
Subject: Help Needed for the Block "Polyphase Arbitrary Resampler"
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:48:58 +0530

Hi all,

Currently I am at the "Polyphase Arbitrary Resampler" block of the example "signal_sampling_diff.grc" from the "QPSK Mod and Demod" chapter of GNU Radio tutorial.

Here there are 32 filters and the resampling rate is 1.125. So I am assuming that every input sample is going to the bank containing 32 filters and then we have an output of 32 samples for every input sample. After that out of every 28 output samples 1 is being taken forward. This number 28 is coming from floor(32/1.125).

Am I understanding it correctly?

Another confusion is about the field “Stop-band attenuation”. What is the unit of this field?

I am following “https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Polyphase_Arbitrary_Resampler”, but I am having some problems in realizing this block. Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shuvodip