Re: Problem seeing Hackrf One Hardware properly going through VirtualBox

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: Problem seeing Hackrf One Hardware properly going through VirtualBox
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 14:50:21 -0700

Okay, this output looks better -  it appears you now have the libraries installed.

I don't understand the output

   Board ID Number: 2

If you have more then 1 board installed, unplug all the boards except for 1 board.

To run multiple boards you need to use serial numbers - but you need to get hackrf_info working correctly.

Type

   groups | grep plugdev

If it doesn't print anything, you need to add yourself to the group plugdev.

To do that use

   sudo usermod -a -G plugdev <userid>

where <userid> is your login name.

Then logout and then login again and type

  groups

and you should see an entry for plugdev.

And then run

  hackrf_info

-- Cinaed