Re: Nonlinear distortion of USRP

From: WarMonkey
Subject: Re: Nonlinear distortion of USRP
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 16:36:13 +0800

That's not a simple question. Because you are testing on cw input. If an overflow happened, since I/Q is a fixed number, it's also a fixed number after overflow happened. also the DUC/DDC inside have a "ringing" step response, the overshoot can swing above input and cause an overflow.
Linearity tests must be done at modulated input with fast transient edges. Quadrature phase shift keying (QPSK) can expose the problem.

I have run some tests on USRP B210 with QPSK input. It is confirmed that overflow happens on I/Q >= 0.49
usrp_overflow_spectrum.png

usrp_overflow_vxa.png

flow.png

Ron Economos <w6rz@comcast.net> 于2022年6月7日周二 04:12写道:

Sorry, that's incorrect. The B210 is completely linear up to +/- 1.0. Here's a spectrum analyzer trace confirming it.

B210 linearity
      test

Ron