Collision detection and recovery

From: Nitin Shivaraman
Subject: Collision detection and recovery
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:13:58 +0800

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a collision detection and recovery mechanism (e.g. zigzag/rnr decoder) with gr-ieee802-15-4 and had a few clarifications. As I cannot find any source code for reference for any of these decoders, I'm trying to implement it from scratch. If anyone has a reference to the source of these decoders, please let me know.

Since the preamble detection happens after the clock recovery mechanism, I want to know how the collision can be detected using correlation. To detect collision, I intend to receive the collided packet and subtract part of the correctly received packet to recover both packets correctly.

The current version of the PHY decodes the packet and forwards the packet to MAC as soon as the packet length is reached- is there a way to find or estimate the packet length?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Nitin.