Re: Meaning of value in noutput_items for an OOT with vector input

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Meaning of value in noutput_items for an OOT with vector input
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:35:21 -0400

The item size is vlen * sizeof (type), so you are seeing 16 * 512 "samples".

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 1:44 PM George Edwards <gedwards.eng@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello GNURadio Community,

I have written a C++ OOT "sync" block with vector input and vector output (data type float). I wrote a line in my program to print the value of noutput_items on each GRC flow graph iteration and it alternately prints the values 15 and 16. This is surprising!!! I was expecting this value to be the 512, the number of elements in each input/output vector that I designed the OOT to operate at. In my OOT design, the input/output signatures were set to 512 floating point elements. In the GRC Flow graph my block is fed by a stream to vector block (which brings in vectors of 512 samples) and my block outputs its data to a vector to stream block (which takes a vector of 512 elements and converts to a data stream).

I was under the impression that the parameter noutput_items in the work(...) function for an OOT sync block with vector input and output provided the number of elements in each output vector.

I will appreciate any insight into this issue.

Thanks!
George