Improving GRC usability: How do you deal with changes in .grc file behav

From: Bernard Tyers - EI8FDB
Subject: Improving GRC usability: How do you deal with changes in .grc file behaviour caused by opening it on newer/older GRC version?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 11:55:06 +0100

Hi there,

I contribute to usability improvements to GNU Radio, and I'm looking for input from the community.

Has this scenario ever happened to you -

You open a .grc file with an older (or newer) version of GRC than the file was created with. When you try to open it the .grc file behaves differently, due to differences in GRC version.
--

How did you deal with this scenario? How did you get the .grc to execute as you expected?

Give your input by completing this short 3 question form:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/dealing-with-changes-in-how-grc-file-behaves-caused-by-opening-it-in-newer-or-older-grc-version

You don't need to be a GNU Radio expert to give your input.

If you've not experienced this scenario, but you have ideas on how you would go about it, your input is welcome.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard

--

Bernard Tyers
Sane UX Design / ei8fdb

PGP Key: https://keybase.io/ei8fdb

I work on User-centred Design, Open Source Software, and user privacy.