RF signals are pure noise in Python implementation

From: Verónica Toro Betancur
Subject: RF signals are pure noise in Python implementation
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 15:53:26 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to detect and decode WiFi and ZigBee signals in GNURadio. For the detection, I have implemented my own blocks in Python. It all works well with simulated signals but the problem comes when I use radios to acquire real signals. I'm using Pluto SDR and it works perfectly when I use it in workflow examples but not in my own implementation. I mean, I plot the data that comes directly from the radio and it looks good in the given examples but, in mine, it looks like noise.

I am using the exact same parameters in both cases. The only difference I see is that the blocks in the example are all in C++ while mine are in Python. Could this be the problem? If so, is there a way to solve it other than writing the blocks in C++?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Verónica