Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on a Raspberry pi 4 B?

From: Franco VENTURI
Subject: Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on a Raspberry pi 4 B?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:29:17 -0500 (EST)

To add another piece of information to this discussion, last night I built the whole GNU Radio 3.9-maint on my Raspberry Pi, and it wasn't too bad.

I followed the instructions from here:
- https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGRFromSource_on_Raspberry_Pi
- https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR#For_GNU_Radio_3.9_and_Master_Branch
- https://github.com/gnuradio/volk#building-on-raspberry-pi-and-other-arm-boards-32-bit

The heavy step, which was the 'make' in the GNU Radio 'build' directory, took about 2 hours and 10 minutes on the Raspberry Pi using 'make -j 3' - I think it is a reasonable time considering I built all of the in-tree modules except for gr-uhd.

73,
Franco K4VZ