Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 19:57:04 -0500

Hi Marcus,

However SDRPlay3 only builds on gnuradio3.9

One of the many million paths I’ve gone down because different gnuradio versions
break different aspects of other software:

dietpi@DietPi:~/gr-sdrplay3/build$ cd dietpi@DietPi:~/gr-sdrplay3$ cd build
dietpi@DietPi:~/gr-sdrplay3/build$ cmake ..
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc - skipped
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Build type not specified: defaulting to release.
-- Found Boost: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.74.0/BoostConfig.cmake
(found suitable version "1.74.0", minimum required is "1.65") found components:
filesystem program_options regex thread
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:95 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Gnuradio" that is
  compatible with requested version "3.9".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake, version:
3.8.2.0
>     /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake, version:
> 3.8.2.0On Nov 23, 2021, at 7:00 PM,

So I’ll keep searching for a gnuradio 3.9 release inside a PI OS image.

Thanks

Glen