Re: Block alias

From: Paul Atreides
Subject: Re: Block alias
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:41:26 -0400

Hey Eugene.
While a fix that breaks things isn’t really a fix, let me offer some of my experience on a similar note regarding user variable fields and how they are passed into GRC.

I had a chicken and egg problem with what the user input should be for clarity (raw no quotes) vs how that value gets assigned the correct type and passed into the Python generator (raw as well).

By submitting a pull request I was able to get help from several developers and we came up with the correct approach together. I did this after exhausting my own YAML knowledge. We got to the bottom of it and the pull request is in review for merging into master and maint-3.9

Without having time to dig into it yet. What your suggesting here sounds like a feature request. I will do my best to look at this ASAP, but I’d suggest checking some of the feedback I got with my bug fix. Seems like it’s in the same wheelhouse as your issue.

<end transmission>