Re: Regarding installation of gnuradio 3.7.10

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Regarding installation of gnuradio 3.7.10
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 00:42:16 +0200

Hi Yash,

warning: the packet encoder and decoder in GNU Radio 3.7 were broken for half a
decade,
and we couldn't figure out how to fix them (I personally really tried, but
couldn't).
We then threw them out with 3.8 – because sometimes, having something that is
broken is
worse than not having it.

So, for your specific topic, GNU Radio 3.7 seems to be a very bad start.

Anyway, you should be able to build GNU Radio 3.7.14.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 without
issue. Of
course you would have to make very sure not to install the positively ancient
GNU Radio
supplied by Ubuntu accidentally.

Best regards,
Marcus

On 04.08.21 20:12, Yash Agrawal 18410 via GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source
Toolkit for