Re: ODP: Problem using gr-doa / Qt / Ubuntu 18.04

From: Alexandru Martian
Subject: Re: ODP: Problem using gr-doa / Qt / Ubuntu 18.04
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 11:59:31 +0300

Hello Marcin,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will try it.

Best regards,

Alexandru

On 18.07.2021 22:18, marcin.r.wachowiak@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,
I cannot answer Your question directly as I have encountered similar errors with gr-doa. Due to qt-gui compass plugin and some other dependencies when I tried to run it with USRP B210. Unfortunately, it is no longer maintained or updated. (I never got this qt-compass to work).

What I can suggest is a more up to date version of gr-doa, which is: https://github.com/MarcinWachowiak/GNU-Radio-USRP-AoA
(it is based on gr-doa with some modifications, fixes and additional blocks, ported from Armadillo to Eigen which is faster)

Whole repository is for GR 3.8.2 and there are some example flowgraphs showing the default configuration.
The repository lacks QT gui compass, but there are some other blocks or routines instead. There is dynamic method of synchronization of the channels using sample and hold block instead of reading from file. Although the examples are for 2 channels the flowgraphs can be easily extended for a case with more input signals.

Wish You best the best of luck with DoA.

Kind regards,
Marcin Wachowiak