Non-hacky method to take list of keys as parameter?

From: Anton Ottosson
Subject: Non-hacky method to take list of keys as parameter?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 04:58:25 +0000

Hi,

I'm writing a block for an OOT module and I would like to take a list of keys as one of the parameters. They will be used to select entries in a pmt dictionary. I first tried to use std::vector<std::string> as the parameter type, but there doesn't seem to exist any corresponding string_vector dtype to use in the YAML file (https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/YAML_GRC). I then switched over to pmt arguments and managed to get it to work, but it is very ugly and hacky. This is the kind of thing I have to enter into the parameter field on the block:

pmt.list2(pmt.intern("key1"), pmt.intern("key2"))

Is there a better way? Is there a block that does something similar that I can take a look at? Best I could find was PDU Filter, but it only takes a single key, not a list.

Best regards,

Anton