Re: Overrun using GRC Python block and USRP

From: Huang Wei
Subject: Re: Overrun using GRC Python block and USRP
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 17:33:13 +0100

Thank you for the quick reply, so if I write the block in C++ or C, it may work at a higher rate?

Regards,
Wei

Marcus D. Leech <patchvonbraun@gmail.com> 于2021年7月9日周五 下午5:29写道:
On 07/09/2021 12:05 PM, Huang Wei wrote:
Sorry, I mean it's the underrun problem

Huang Wei <weizardry@gmail.com> 于2021年7月9日周五 下午5:02写道:
Hello everyone,

I am using the embedded python block in GRC to realize some simple functions. All works fine in the GRC local set-up. However, if I connect a USRP sink to the flowgraph which includes that python block, and set the sample rate more than 20 MHz (I need 100 MHz in my case), it will keep output "UUUUUUUU....", and then GRC will stop working.
I tried the defaulted python block, where the output is simply multiplied by a factor k, the same overrun problem happened. And GRC works fine with the USRP sink if the python block is not used.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Thank you!

Regards,
Wei
Because there's absolutely no way a Python-based work function is ever going to keep up at multi-MSPS rates.